Kristen Stewart photographed by Steven Pan | M, May 2012
Things that certain Transformers fans think are perfectly normal things for alien robots from outer space to be:
- Animals, such as jaguars, condors, lions, wolves, and dinosaurs
- Robots who split apart into two alternate modes
- Robots who use other robots for guns, swords, or even their heads
- Robots who eat other robots
- Robots who get sick
- Robots who eat entire planets
- Robots that combine with each other
- Robots that can copy or clone themselves at will
Things that certain Transformers fans think are strange things for alien robots from outer space to be:
This made me think, with all due respect to the Night Vale NRA bumper stickers:
A List Of Things Transformers Can Be:
- Conceivably Anything
- Not Girls
- naruto bad guy: there he is. kakashi. the copy ninja. the sharingan eye.
- bad guy: (does a ninja thing)
- kakashi: (copys the ninja thing exactly)
- bad guy: oh My god. how did he do that. he copied me.
- kakashi: (copys again)
- bad guy: holy shit..... fuck how is he doing this, how is the copy ninja kakashi of the sharingan eye copying my moves? holy christ. hoooly christ
You obviously have an incredibly passionate following, have people started engaging with you about Orange Is The New Black?
dude, what if a prince is cursed to be a dragon but instead of being upset by it, they’re like ‘hell yeah i’m a dragon’ and they spend weeks finding the perfect decrepit castle to haunt and try to convince their fiancé to be a princess in the tower ‘just for like a week’ and everyone is like ‘we can break the fucking curse’ and the prince is like ‘but i’m a dragon.’
Q:Sorry, but what;s the difference between transexual and transgender?
"GOD why does fandom have to make everyone GAY??"
i know right??? why not interpret some people as bi or pan, or asexual, or maybe an aromantic demisexual, or—
oh wait sorry i didnt realize you actually meant “why isnt everyone straight, its making me uncomfortable.”
Sci-fi often starts rambling at the dinner table and gets these really weird, convoluted ideas about something and Science really wants to reach out and squeeze its hand and explain where its logic is flawed, but Science does so love to listen to Sci-fi talk. Even if much of it is complete nonsense, it often articulates it so beautifully and then, occasionally, it will say something absolutely brilliant and Science will be struck speechless, standing up abruptly and wandering off to spend the rest of the night thinking. Sometimes, in the morning, Sci-fi will wake to Science pacing across the bedroom floor, breathlessly excited to show off what it has created - an astonishing approximation/translation of what Sci-fi had been rambling about the night before.
Often, Science will work really hard and fruitlessly at something for no real reason other than because Sci-fi thought it was cool - and Science loves making Sci-fi happy. In return, Science will sit down in the evening and discover that Sci-fi was paying attention to it and has done it homage in its latest paperback - something that delights and flatters Science so much that they have steamy sex all night long and produce thousands of inspired scientists and writers as offspring.
- computer: whhhhhhhhHHHHHRHRRRRRRRRRRR
- me: shh it's ok